Monday, July 9, 2007

In which my new trade-waiting policy pays off (I think)

I'll try to do this one quick, so I can go to bed. I'm going off the Graham Crackers release list:

New comics this week (Wednesday, 7/11/07):

Deadpool GLI Summer Fun Spectacular

I've bought all the recent GLA/X/I material, so I'm sure I'll get this, even if I have no interest in Deadpool. I expect it will be fun.

Green Arrow Year One #1

I'm still not sure about this one, but given my recent policy change in favor of "waiting for the trade", I expect I probably won't get it until it's collected, and only if I hear that it's pretty good (just plain "good" won't cut it anymore, especially by superhero comics standards).

Superman Confidential #5

This is one that would have been a "wait for the trade" under my new policy, but now that I've purchased four parts of the six-part story, I think I'll finish getting it. Probably some Kryptonite problems in this issue, along with good scripting by Darwyn Cooke and nice Tim Sale art. As I often say, don't let me down, guys!

DMZ #21

More of the "Friendly Fire" story. Are riots going to break out when the verdict of the trial is revealed? Will Matty discover more of the reasons behind the Day 204 Massacre? Will I decide to start waiting for the trade? We'll find out!

Madman Atomic Comics #3

Interdimensional shenanigans! Go Mike Allred! That's all I have to say (until I read the issue, of course).

Martha Washington Dies

I'll probably have to read these Martha Washington books one of these days. Then maybe I can buy this and understand it. Until then, I'll wait.

Nexus #99 Space Opera

As I've mentioned before, I haven't read much Nexus, but I liked the sampler on Free Comic Book Day, so I'll probably read this. Although I might have to wait for the collection, in keeping with my current policy.

Nicolas Cages Voodoo Child #1

I think this is one of those Virgin books based on a concept by somebody famous but actually written by somebody else. I have no idea who the somebody else is (or the concept, for that matter) in this case, so who knows if it will be worth checking out.

Stephen Colbert’s Tek Jansen #1

Not from Virgin, but kind of the same concept as the Nicolas Cage book. Although I'm familiar with the concept here. It might be kind of funny, or it might be lame. I might get it, or I might not.

Clubbing

I'm not sure if I'll get this Minx book or not. I'm okay with Andi Watson (if not overly enamored), but I generally dislike Josh Howard's art. It's one to wait for reviews on, I think. Unless I tell my wife it's by the writer of Paris and get her to buy it for herself...

Devil Dinosaur by Jack Kirby Omnibus
Jack Kirby’s Silver Star HC

Two sweet Kirby books, although I think the Silver Star one is overpriced, considering that it only contains six issues worth of material. I'm all over the Devil Dinosaur book though (when I get the money for it, that is).

Rex Libris TPB

I have all the issues of this series, but I recommend it if you haven't read it. It's the tale of an immortal librarian who fights off the monsters that attack his library and goes on interplanetary adventures to recover overdue books. It's quite fun, and very dense with writing.
-----

And that's all for this week. Another fairly light one, it seems. Maybe my new policy is paying off already! Anyway, I might write more movie reviews soon, and expect new comics posts when I get back from the vacay.

No comments:

Post a Comment