Wednesday, June 4, 2014

CAKE 2014: Groo isn't dead either

With every convention I attend, I bring along my sketchbook to get some sketches of my favorite character, Sergio Aragones' Groo. Here's what I got this year:



Sam Alden did sort of a minimalist pencil sketch, and I love the long, curved lines he drew.



Mike Dawson demonstrated his great cartoony style with some impeccable inking.



Joshua Cotter did a pretty flawless copy of a Sergio panel in one of the issues I had on hand for reference.



Hellen Jo delivered her signature brand of coolness with this reclining figure of our favorite mendicant.



Liz Prince went cute with this great depiction of Rufferto and a cat.



Jesse Moynihan did a pretty awesome version of Groo that looks like he could show up on Adventure Time.



Luke Pearson also went cute with a sort of super-deformed Groo; I like his topknot.



And finally, Chris Eliopolous turned Groo into a character that could appear in one of his children's books. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment