Monday, January 15, 2007

Feather-light content defines this week

New comics this week (Wednesday, 1/17/07):
BATMAN YEAR ONE HUNDRED TP $19.99
As I mentioned the other day, I already have the single issues of this (excellent) series, but I might want to get the collection because it includes a previously uncollected Paul Pope Batman story. Sweet. I guess I could then sell the singles on Ebay...
SPIRIT #2 $2.99
Looks like this series will go on my subscription pile. The first issue was tons o' fun, and hopefully Cooke will keep the quality high.
TESTAMENT #14 (MR) $2.99
Ah, more weirdness! This series continues to be cool and strange. Let's hope it stays that way.
TESTAMENT VOL 2 WEST OF EDEN TP (MR) $12.99
And a collection for anybody that needs to catch up!
Y THE LAST MAN #53 (MR) $2.99
Sweet! I'll be sad when this series ends. Will Yorick ever reunite with Beth? I think it's safe to say "yes".
MIKE CAREYS ONE SIDED BARGAINS (ONE SHOT) (MR) $5.99
I'm not sure what this is, but it might be interesting. Where should I know artist Mike Perkins from? His name sounds familiar. UPDATE: I figured I could do a modicum of research and at least Google this Perkins fellow. Looks like he did the art on the recent Union Jack miniseries, and he also was the artist on Spellbinders, another Marvel miniseries (Mike Carey wrote it). So I've heard his name, but haven't actually read any comics by him.
ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS #2 (OF 2) $3.99
And this short miniseries ends, with sure-to-be-cool art from Ashley Wood.
-----

Wow, and that's everything. Like I said, a feather-light week. Maybe I can get caught up in reading some stuff, like Death Note volume 9, 100 Bullets volume 10, or East Coast Rising volume 1. We'll see! UPDATE NUMBER TWO: My wife picked up Kevin Huizenga's Curses and that "Best American Comics of 2006" anthology from the library where she works, so there's some other stuff I'll need to read. Good thing I'm on vacation this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment