Monday, April 30, 2007

Joss Whedon fans will be happy this week

UPDATE 2: Crap, here's another one I missed:

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1 3.99

I wouldn't normall care about random Spider-Man books, but this one is written by Matt Fraction, with art by Salvador Larroca. I'll probably end up getting it, just to see Fraction write Spidey.
-----

UPDATE: Shit, how did I miss this one?

SHAZAM THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL #3 (OF 4) 5.99

I loved the first two issues of this, and I really, really doubt it will go downhill at all. Jeff Smith rules!
-----
Back to the regular post:

Hmmm, another possibly light week. Which is nice in the money-saving department.

New comics this week (Wednesday, 5/2/07):

ASHLEY WOODS D AIRAIN AVENTURE #2 4.99

I dug the first issue of this, even though it's expensive. Ashley Wood is really cool, and there were some good stories and art. I hope he keeps up the quality.

ASTONISHING X-MEN #21 2.99

Joss Whedon book #1. It seems like a long time since the last issue. The last several issues have been good, so I hope Whedon and Cassaday keep up the streak.

BLINDSPOT GN 13.95

This looks interesting. I doubt my shop will get it, but it will be one to keep an eye out for.

DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BORN #4 (OF 7) 3.99

Same as I say every time this comes out, I'm enjoying the series, etc., etc.

HELLBOY DARKNESS CALLS #1 (OF 6) 2.99

I'll have to decide at the rack whether I want to get this. I'm way behind on Hellboy (I need to pick up the trades sometime), but I did read The Island. It's a maybe.

KORGI VOL 1 TP 10.00

This sounds cute, but I doubt it's for me. Maybe I'll get it for my wife; she loves Owly, and this seems to be quite similar.

MARVEL ILLUSTRATED LAST OF THE MOHICANS #1 (OF 6) 2.99

I'm curious about Marvel's "Classics Illustrated"-style line, but the preview of this series in the recent Jungle Book reprint didn't really grab me. I'll give this a look though.

MIDNIGHTER #7 2.99

This is the issue by Brian K. Vaughan and Darick Robertson, and it'll probably be the last one I get. Unless Ennis (or another writer I like) comes back eventually.

RUNAWAYS #26 2.99

Joss Whedon book #2. Last issue was pretty good, and I hope Whedon's run gets even better (of course).

SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #18 2.99

More Felicia Hardy? More Firestar? More of Mary Jane being torn between two guys? More of me feeling like a teenage girl? Whatever the case, I love this book.

WARD O/T STATE #1 (OF 3) 3.50

I've been interested in the concept of this book since I saw the first solicitation. For those who don't know, it's about an orphanage in which the children are trained to be assassins. Could be crazy fun, could suck. We'll see.
-----

I think that's pretty much everything of interest. Maybe not as light a week as I thought. By the way, the third Whedon book is Buffy #3, but I don't read that one. I hope to get another review or two up tonight, so stay tuned.