Tuesday, March 4, 2008

This week, I'm too busy to worry about comics

And here's the reason why:

That's right, call me Matthew Brady, proud papa! My wife and I delivered our daughter, Magnolia Rose Brady, at 12:04 on March 3rd (my wife did most of the work though). She came a bit early, but she's very healthy, and although I'm biased, I think she's the most beautiful baby ever. I mean, come on, look at her:

You better not disagree with me!

So that's why I haven't been posting the last few days. I'll go ahead and do the look at the week's comics, but it'll be a quick one, so don't expect much in the way of insight or anything. Also: I did a collaborative review of Mouse Guard: Winter 1152 #3 with Martijn Form at Comics Bulletin, so there's something to read if you've been missing me.

New comics this week (Wednesday, 3/5/08):

Dark Tower Long Road Home #1

Stephen King mini #2. I'll wait for trade.

Logan #1

Brian K. Vaughan! Eduardo Risso! More Wolverine? Don't let me down!

Justice League New Frontier Special

Darwyn Cooke DVD tie-in. Maybe?

Northlanders #4

Emo vikings (amusing term).

Young Liars #1

David Lapham (meh). Maybe try if good?

Boys #16

Ennis. Superhero debauchery. Usually good.

Casanova #12


Cory Doctorow’s Futuristic Tales #6

"After the Seige". Hope it's good.

Dead Space #1

Ben Templesmith. Antony Johnston. Video game tie-in. Hope it's good?

Pax Romana #2

Time travel shenanigans. Jonathan Hickman! I dig it.

Zombies vs. Robots. Vs. Amazons #3

Ashley Wood! Otherwise, so-so. Get better!

Fables 1001 Nights of Snowfall SC

Beautiful art. Good stories. Cheaper format!

Goon Fancy Pants HC vol. 2

Dr. Alloy! Nice (expensive) volume.


Sorority girls. Bulimia comedy. Robbi Rodriguez! Might be good.

Kirby King of the Comics HC

Biography of awesomeness! Mark Evanier. I should read it.

MPD Psycho vol. 4

Murder! Gore! Pretty good, so far.

That's it, for now. I'll have more content soon, I hope. We'll see.