Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Links: Don't confuse this with an examination of different Zelda games

I don't do link collections very often (mostly because it's kind of tedious), but I found some stuff worth pointing out, so here goes:

Chris Butcher posts Bryan Lee O'Malley's awesome cover to the Comics Festival Free Comic Book Day comic.

From The Comics Reporter: An English translation of the comic "The Pharoahs of Egypt", by Florent Ruppert and Jerome Mulot. This won the top award at France's Angouleme festival this year. Note: the site also has some other translations of neat foreign comics, including a story by David B. (Epileptic). Check 'em out.
-----

Huh. I thought I had more than that. Well, I'll update this post if I find anything else to link to.
-----
UPDATE: Okay, I found some more:

David Heatley, whose story in The Best American Comics 2006 I really liked, did this week's New Yorker cover. Nice!

Mike Sterling is weird. But funny!

Well, since I'm posting links to art and covers and stuff, check out this CD cover that Craig Thompson (Blankets) did for the band Menomena. I don't know that band, but the cover is pretty.

Looks like The Boys has been picked up by a new publisher, Dynamite. Cool.

Nerve.com's comics issue. With comics by Paul Pope, Jim Mahfood, Chynna Clugston, and others, plus interviews with Peter Bagge, Alison Bechdel, and Evan Dorkin.
-----
UPDATE 2:

I figured I'd give a link to this awesome trailer that Jog pointed me to. It's for an upcoming anime anthology film called Deep Imagination, from Studio 4°C. Looks pretty awesome; I'll have to add it to my wish list.

And while I'm talking cool videos that I saw upon Jog's recommendation, I'll point to this lengthy selection of clips from animator Norio Matsumoto. That guy is amazing.
-----
UPDATE 3 on 2/8:

Check out this wacky doujinshi (that means amateur manga, basically) that reimagines Gilligan's Island as a horror story.

UPDATE 4 (also 2/8):

Jog has some links to clips of erotic anime from the 60's and 70's, produced by Osamu Tezuka's production company. I haven't watched them yet, since I'm at work, but I gotta check these out.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Matt

    I have 2 copies of Whiteout and Beautiful killer (one in french, one in american). I don't want to keep the american in my bookcase (need some space). If you want that I send it to you, send me your adress : familledevita@yahoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really generous of you! I'll be sending you my address. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete