Monday, February 26, 2007

Miniseries end, and I manage to save some money

New comics this week (Wednesday, 2/28/07):
CROSSING MIDNIGHT #4 (MR) $2.99
Well, like I said when I (sort of) reviewed the previous issue of this series, I might or might not get this. I want to like it, but it just isn't grabbing me. I think Ryan at Metamorphostuff nailed it when he said that the fantastic elements aren't illustrated fantastically enough. I'll take a look at it and then decide.
JACK OF FABLES #8 (MR) $2.99
More Jack in Vegas!
JACK OF FABLES VOL 1 NEARLY GREAT ESCAPE TP (MR) $14.99
If you haven't been reading this series, here's a great way to start!
JUSTICE #10 (OF 12) $3.50
I didn't have much interest in this series, but I flipped through the last issue and thought the spread of the heroes in their armor suits was hilariously, awesomely silly. Maybe I should be reading it after all. Well, it might be one to check out from the library.
DOCTOR STRANGE OATH #5 (OF 5) $2.99
Ooh, final issue! This series has been great. I vote for a Vaughan/Martin Dr. Strange ongoing!
ETERNALS #7 (OF 7) $3.99
Wow, this is finally ending, and (sort of) on time, too. I hope it's worth the wait and the extra issue.
RUNAWAYS #24 $2.99
Oh, man, it's Vaughan and Alphona's last issue. Should be great, and I hope they set up Whedon's run well. By the way, I love Vaughan's reason for leaving the book (I read it in an interview, but I don't remember where; if I find it, I'll edit in a link): he couldn't bear to end the series, so he's handing it off to another good writer and hoping it lives on. Good for you, BKV!
SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #15 $2.99
Now we finally get to Miyazawa's last issue of this series. I'm not sure when Sean McKeever is leaving (he signed an exclusive contract with DC); I don't know if I'll want to read the series after that. Hell, I don't know if they'll keep the series going without him.
WISDOM #3 (OF 6) (MR) $3.99
Seriously, somebody convince me to buy this. Is it worth it? Tell me!
ACTION PHILOSOPHERS #8 SENSELESS VIOLENCE SPECTACULAR $2.95
Oh, hell yeah! I love this book. I think this is the penultimate issue. I'll be sad to see it end.
ASHLEY WOODS D AIRAIN AVENTURE #1 $4.99
This might be worth picking up; it appears to be some sort of short comics collection from Ashley Wood. I'll look at it if I see it.
AYA HC $19.95
A French graphic novel that has received lots of acclaim. I kind of doubt my store will have it, but I'll keep an eye out for it, or at least see if my wife can get it for me from the library where she works.
TO TERRA VOL 1 TP  $13.95
Chris Butcher previewed this a while back, and it looks excellent. I'd like to get it, but I'll probably need to special order it from Borders or Amazon.
-----

Well, looks like a fairly light week, which is nice. Unless the Love and Rockets digests I ordered show up; that's $30 right there...

No comments:

Post a Comment