Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My new vampire powers should manifest themselves soon...

In a rather fortuitous bit of timing, my family recently visited a friend of ours who lives in Japan but was visiting the United States, and she brought some gifts for us. One interesting thing she gave to everyone were some facial cleansing masks that, when worn, supposedly give a person the appearance of things like a panda, a Kabuki performer, or a member of KISS. Since she knew I like manga, she got me this:



That's right, it's a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure face pack! Opening it up reveals that the mask is patterned after the evil stone mask from Phantom Blood (it says a Stardust Crusaders mask was also included, but I only got the one):



The instructions on the packet containing the mask have a somewhat terrifying visual demonstration:



Instructions are also included in English, reading 1) After cleansing, prepare your skin with the lotion. 2) Take out the mask sheet and unfold it. 3) Place it over your face. 4) Transform into a vampire. 5) Remove the mask after about 15 to 20 minutes,

What kind of horrible magical remedies do they sell in Japan? What will happen to me if I try it? I guess I'll find out soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment