Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Warning: scatological content ahead!

We have a kitten that's about two and a half months old. You can see him in the picture to the right, unless I've changed it by the time you're reading this. Here's another picture:


He likes comics too.

So here's a kitten story for those who are interested (either in cats or my humiliation): I had to be in the office by 6:00 today, so I crawled out of bed at 5:00, and I'm taking my morning piss. Buster comes in to the bathroom, and I think he was trying to jump up onto the toilet so he could jump onto the sink, but, of course, the lid was up, so he falls right into the bowl. While I'm still peeing. He jumps out and he's on the floor, all wet. I'm yelling for Sarah to come help, because I'm kind of in the middle of something. "Come get him! He's getting it all over the place!" We turn on the tub to wash him off (I had finished with my business by this point), and I'm holding a wet cat, trying to wash him. Sarah had just been reading a book about cats, so she runs to get the book and read how to give a cat a bath, while I'm frantically yelling at her to forget the book and come help, since I'm trying to keep a grip on him while he's thrashing around and clawing my arm up. We eventually got him washed, although we couldn't do much more than just rinse him off. It was a hell of a way to start the day.

Anyway, on to regular business:

New comics this week (Thursday, 12/28/06):
PATH OF THE ASSASSIN VOL 4 TP (MR)  $9.95
These Kazuo Koike/Goseki Kojima samurai comics are awesome. I'm still working my way through Lone Wolf and Cub, and I haven't come close to starting Samurai Executioner, so it will be a while before I get to Path of the Assassin. But I bet it's good.
100 BULLETS VOL 10 DECAYED TP (MR) $14.99
I love me some 100 Bullets. I buy this series in trade format, so I'm looking forward to this. One thing I wanted to mention, but never have: I love the way the titles of the collections reference what number book they are in the series. 1: First Shot, Last Call. 2: Split Second Chance. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow. 5: The Counterfifth Detective. 6: Six Feet Under the Gun. 7: Samurai (Seven is implied). 8: The Hard Way (Eight is also implied). 9: Strychnine Lives. 10: Decayed (sounds like "Decade"). The only one missing is volume 3, Hang Up on the Hang Low. I haven't figured out how that references the number 3. Anyway, I'm excited to get this volume.
BOYS #6 (MR) $2.99
Finally we get to the sure-to-be-crazy Ennis action. I bet it'll be fun.
CROSSING MIDNIGHT #2 (MR) $2.99
I did enjoy the first issue of this series. If this one is good, I'll add it to my pull list.
JACK OF FABLES #6 (MR) $2.99
The second storyline begins! Does Jack make it to Vegas this month? That should be fun.
ASTONISHING X-MEN #19 $2.99
This seemed like it came out fairly quickly. Or maybe I'm getting old and not realizing how fast time is flying. In this issue, everybody goes into outer spaaaaaace!
IMMORTAL IRON FIST #2 $2.99
I keep meaning to pick up the first issue of this series. I'll probably notice this one on the rack (my comic shop puts signs by all the new books) and finally remember to get it. It better be good, after all the praise it's received.
HEDGE KNIGHT PREMIERE HC $19.99
I heard this was a pretty good book. It came out a few years ago, but apparently Marvel has the rights to reprint it now. I probably won't get it though; I don't think it's worth $20 to me.
NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #11 $2.99
Oh yeah, Nextwave will rock! Bummer that it's the second-to-last issue, but eventually there will be some limited series to follow this series. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #13 $2.99
Sweet! Is this Takeshi Miyazawa's last issue? (That's not the sweet part; I just like the comic).
CROMARTIE HIGH SCHOOL MANGA VOL 9 TP $10.95
Oh, man, I'm way behind on this manga. I only have volume 1-3. It's a hilarious series. I really need to get caught up. On a related note, I saw the live-action movie adaptation at Blockbuster the other day. I've heard it's very funny; I'll have to get it sometime.
DRAGON HEAD VOL 5 GN (OF 10) (MR)  $9.99
Man, here's another one I'm behind on. I only have the first two volumes. I have much money to spend, apparently.
LOVE & ROCKETS VOL 2 #18 (MR) $4.50
I should probably be buying this series, since I do like the Hernandezes, but I often pass it up. I just read Sloth, by Gilbert H., and it was pretty good.
TALES OF THE DANGED #142 (MR) $3.00
I don't know what this is, but the title made me smile.
WOLFSKIN #2 (OF 3) (MR) $3.99
It sure took a while for this to come out. I liked the first issue, so I hope this one is good. I think I'll get the Vicious cover. Whatever. Stupid Avatar.
-----
It looks like that's it. Some good stuff, but not too heavy a week. Hopefully the cat won't kill me before I get my new comics!

2 comments:

  1. In reference to the 100 Bullets TPB titles, I had read that the third book was supposed to be "The Charm" (as in Third Time's...) but was changed for some reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's interesting. I wonder why they changed it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete