Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekly preview, go go go!

New comics this week (Wednesday, 12/13/2006):

ESCAPISTS #6 (OF 6) $2.99
I've been enjoying this series, and here's the last issue. Not my favorite Bryan K. Vaughan work, but quite enjoyable, especially since I love Michael Chabon's novel (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay).
OUTER ORBIT #1 (OF 4) $2.99
Not sure if this will be any good. Some sort of sci-fi comedy. I'll read reviews and see if it's worth getting.
DMZ #14 (MR) $2.99
One of my current favorite series. I believe it's part two of the current storyline, Public Works. Should be good.
EX MACHINA #25 (MR) $2.99
Another current favorite of mine. New storyline starts in this one.
SPIRIT #1 $2.99
I'll probably get this one. Hopefully I won't be burned like I was a couple weeks ago with Batman/Spirit. No Jeph Loeb, so I'm keeping my hopes up.
PUNISHER MAX FROM FIRST TO LAST HC (MR) $19.99
This hardcover collects three of Garth Ennis' Punisher one-shots: The Tyger, The Cell, and The End. I have all three, so I won't be buying this, but they are all excellent. Especially The End, which features Richard Corben on art. It might be cheaper to buy back issues of these, since I don't think they were more than $5.00 each. I assume the extra price is for the hard cover.
DRIFTING CLASSROOM VOL 3 TP (MR)  $9.99
I liked the first volume of this manga, but I haven't picked up the second yet. It's easy to get behind on these manga series. It's a good horror story; I'll get around to picking these up sometime.
PHOENIX VOL 9 TP  $14.99
Oh man, I need to pick these up sometime too. I've read one of the volumes; I believe it was volume 2. Sometime I'll collect this whole series. Osamu Tezuka is awesome; he's like Japan's Jack Kirby, or maybe Will Eisner. I also need to pick up his Buddha.
SGT FROG VOL 12 GN (OF 12) $9.99
And here's another mange series I really like. The final volume, I guess. Too bad it's ending, but I saw an ad for the anime series, so I guess that's finally being released in the US. It's hilarious. I highly recommend both the manga and the anime.
------

And it looks like that's it. A light week, for once. Until I pick up some manga at Borders, of course. I think Death Note volume 9 is out, so I'll have to get that as soon as I can. Hopefully I'll actually review some new comics this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment