Monday, December 18, 2006

Weakly preview. By which I mean I expect it to be weak.

New comics this week (Wednesday, 12/20/06):
BAKERS MEET JINGLE BELLE (ONE SHOT) $2.99
I love Kyle Baker's cartooning. I recently read Kyle Baker, Cartoonist, and it was hilarious. The "The Bakers" section was definitely the best part, and the The Bakers one-shot he put out a while back was great. I'm not really fond of Jingle Belle, but I'm sure Kyle Baker will make this good.
BANYA EXPLOSIVE DELIVERY MAN VOL 2 TP  $12.95
I don't know anything about this, but I love the title. I assume it's manga, so the title is probably very literal.
FABLES VOL 8 WOLVES TP (MR) $17.99
Ah, I've been waiting for this one to come out. Should be good. I believe Bigby and Snow white get married, but I haven't read any spoilers. I do like Fables.
MAN CALLED KEV #5 (OF 5) (MR) $2.99
I haven't been reading this, but I have read some of Garth Ennis' Kev stories, and they're pretty enjoyable. So, a blind recommendation from me.
TESTAMENT #13 (MR) $2.99
More freaky Biblical shit! I dig this series.
Y THE LAST MAN #52 (MR) $2.99
Only eight issues to go (after this one)! I think. Not sure where Vaughan is going with the story after the last storyline. Whatever he does, I'm sure it will be good. This is one of the most consistently good titles out there, in my opinion.
PIRATES OF CONEY ISLAND #3 (OF 8) $2.99
I liked the first two issues of this, so hopefully it will stay at the same level of enjoyability. Hell, maybe even get better! I need to look up a synonym for enjoyable. I think I'm getting monotonous.
CRIMINAL #3 (MR) $2.99
I assume we'll see more of the fallout from the heist in this one. Is this book bimonthly? It seems like more than a month since the last issue.
ACTION PHILOSOPHERS VOL 2 GIANT SIZED THING TP $8.95
The second collection of the awesome series. I think it has issues 3-6. This series is great.
JOHN WOOS SEVEN BROTHERS AMANO CVR #3 $2.99
I never wrote a review of the second issue of this, but I did not like it. So I dropped it. I like Ennis, but this got really lame really fast.
NEW ADVENTURES OF JESUS THE SECOND COMING GN $19.95
What the hell is this? And am I in trouble for saying that? Seriously, I have not heard about this. Is it a Christian book, or some sort of satire, like Jesus vs. Vampires?
VAULT OF MICHAEL ALLRED #3 (OF 4) $6.99
Sweet. I've been loving this series; it's totally got me back into Allred's work. And I'm super-stoked about the Madman revival.
---------
There might be a few other things of interest on Diamond's list, but that's what I noticed. Looks like another fairly light week. Man, so far I'm getting off cheap this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment