Monday, March 31, 2008

"As alpha is the beginning of all things--then omega is the end!!"

In today's Fourth World panel (from Forever People #6), cower in fear as Darkseid unleashes the Omega Effect!



Awesome. I love the burst of energy and the horrific doom of the situation. Also awesome: Mark Moonrider wrecking the shit out of Desaad's Happyland:



Hell yeah. Overall, a cool issue, which leaves Forever People with a cliffhanger until the next volume. Dammit.

Also, I think Mike Royer's inking is improved in this issue from the last issue of New Gods. It's looking suitably rough and hard-edged for all the action and destruction that goes on here. We'll see if I keep liking him or not.

Next time: The Glory Boat! I'm pretty excited to read that one, since I've heard it touted as one of the best Kirby stories ever. Ever!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could share in your (and others) enthusiasm for Kirby's work. I like it fine, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I'm missing something when so many drool over what he did on the page.

    I really like Bruce Timm's style, so I should be all over Kirby.

    ReplyDelete