Sunday, January 28, 2007

I think I'll call this "100 Arrows"

I recently finished reading volume 10 of 100 Bullets, and I got thinking about the huge cast of characters and all the connections between them. So I decided to make a sort of "character map", thinking it would be something cool to post on the ol' blog. Here's what I came up with (by the way, spoilers for the entire series up to issue #75):

The Great 100 Bullets Character Map:
(Click to enlarge)



As you can probably figure out, a red "X" through someone's picture or name means they are dead, and the red arrows point from the killer (or, in one case, the attempted killer) to the killee. I did this the low-tech way (obviously), putting pencil to paper to write everything out and draw the arrows. Sorry if it looks amateurish; I hope my writing is legible. I also scanned in pictures of all the characters, then printed them, cut them out, and glued them onto the page. It took a good deal of work, but I'm pretty pleased with the result. I don't know Photoshop or have any experience with drawing programs, but if I ever get one, I might try to redo this in electronic form; that would look much nicer.

So, my question is, is this of interest anyone but me? For that matter, does it make any sense to anyone but me? Any comments or suggestions? If you're a reader of 100 Bullets, please let me know. By the way, since I've only read through volume 10, please don't spoil anything for me past issue #75. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment