Monday, January 29, 2007

The week of trades that I don't need

New comics this week (Wednesday, 1/31/07):
USAGI YOJIMBO #100 (NOTE PRICE) $3.50
I might have to pick this up. I've read a tiny bit of Usagi Yojimbo, but I always hear about how good it is. And there's lots of guest artists that I like on this one, so I'll at least give it a look.
BATMAN SECRETS TP $12.99
I probably won't bother with this one, but I do like Sam Kieth's art, so it does at least interest me.
DOOM PATROL VOL 5 MAGIC BUS TP (MR) $19.99
Grant Morrison! I have the single issues of his whole run, so I don't need to get this, but I'll point it out for anyone that's picking up the trades. I haven't got this far yet, but I hear it gets even better in the later issues. Get it!
EX MACHINA #26 (MR) $2.99
Oh yeah! I love this book. New storyline! That's all.
JACK OF FABLES #7 (MR) $2.99
Judging from the cover and the info on DC's site, this issue starts the "Jack in Vegas" storyline. So I guess they'll finish the "Jack Frost" storyline later. Huh. I wonder if there will be an in-story explanation for this, or if they'll just jump to a new story.
SEVEN SOLDIERS OF VICTORY VOL 4 TP (RES) $14.99
More Grant Morrison! This one finishes off the collected version of the series. It's awesome! That's all.
PIECES FOR MOM A TALE OF THE UNDEAD (ONE SHOT) (MR) $3.99
This one looked somewhat interesting (in a morbid sort of way) from the preview that CBR had up earlier this week. Two kids survive a zombie apocalypse and take care of their zombie mom. Gore is to be expected. I think I'll skip this after getting burned by that '68 one-shot a few weeks back. Wow, that was bad.
ASTONISHING X-MEN VOL 3 TORN TP $14.99
This was a pretty darn good storyline. I recommend it. So there.
IRON MAN EXTREMIS TP $14.99
Also a pretty good storyline. Warren Ellis! And it probably reads better in collected form, although I was okay with the single issues. Pretty good art too, especially in the flashback to Iron Man's revised origin. That clunky gray suit he started out with has never looked cooler!
XIII TP (MR) $14.99
Wow. This is the first volume of the original French series. It's a pretty famous series, about a superspy or something. Uncensored and everything. I might have to check it out.
GARTH ENNIS CHRONICLES OF WORMWOOD #1 (OF 6) (MR) $3.99
Wow, it takes Avatar a long time to bring stuff out, doesn't it? I remember seeing the preview for this last fall sometime. Huh. I'll check out the first issue at least, since I like Ennis, and the art is by Jacen Burrows, who collaborated with Ennis on 303, which I liked. This one's about the son of the devil, or something like that. Should be fun.
MUSHISHI VOL 1 GN (MR) $12.95
Jog gave this manga a good review the other day, and it sounds excellent, so I'll pick it up if I see it.
VAULT OF MICHAEL ALLRED #4 (OF 4) $6.99
Hey, the final issue! I guess this will bring us up to the present day, and get us (well, me, at least) all excited for the upcoming Madman Atomic Comics! Go Mike!
-----

And it looks like that's all. Huh; not all that much I'm interested in, but lots of trades of stuff I already have. Enjoy, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment