Monday, October 29, 2007

Shorties

Two quick reviews below, but I also just posted a review of Matt Kindt's Super Spy on IndiePulp. That book is amazing, and definitely one of my favorites of the year. Plus, I also have a review of the first volume of Fall in Love Like a Comic over on MangaLife. I looked at the first chapter of that one when it was previewed in Shojo Beat a few months ago, and now I got to check out the whole volume. Neato, if you like cutesy girly stuff.
-----

Okay, here's what I really wanted to talk about:



That's right, it's my current favorite panel (I haven't done that in a while!), from Casanova #10, a really good issue of one of the best monthly comics that's currently being produced. This issue is a sexy romp through a freaky cinema-based murder cult, and holy cow, does Fabio Moon make Zephyr look hot in that panel. I love the way her feet are arched to show off her legs like that. Yowza! Damn good comics.
-----

And another excellent panel:



That's from Glister #2, the newest issue of Andi Watson's all-ages series. This one is great, with Glister's home, the shape-changing Chilblain Hall, getting upset when a guy from the town calls it an eyesore and leaving to go on vacation throughout the world. There's some great stuff in the issue, but I think that panel has my favorite joke.
-----

Okay, I think that's it for today, unless the mood strikes me to write about something or other (like the political metaphors in 28 Weeks Later, which I just watched). So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment