Thursday, March 29, 2007

In lieu of actual content: Links!

An anonymous commenter left some links to reviews of American Wasteland in my weekly preview the other day. I still doubt I'll read that book, but one of the links was to Wizard's look at 40 "indie" comics to watch in 2007. It's an interesting article (even though some entries should be taken with a grain of salt, like Shrugged and Banzai Girls). I'm glad it's giving some exposure to stuff like Maintenance, The Amazing Joy Buzzards, Mouse Guard, and Action Philosophers, and it also mentions some comics I haven't heard of but sound interesting, like Ragmop, Stykman, and Black Mane. I'll have to look for more information on those.

Chris Butcher has a really good story about his merciless advice with a young artist. Good stuff. He also mentions a few web-based games that I'll have to try.

I recently added this to the sidebar without comment, but I should mention it: Male Call, by Milton Caniff. It's another comic he used to do, and I think it was a spinoff of Terry and the Pirates, about a sexy dame who gives "support" to soldiers back during WWII. Sweet! Humorous Maximus posts new entries weekly, on Tuesdays.

Oh, and I don't know why I haven't mentioned this in a post yet, but Kevin Church recently started a new forum at his site, and it looks like there are already some great discussions underway, with the participation of such comics blogoland luminaries as Mike Sterling, Dorian Wright, Jones (one of the Jones boys), Joe Rice and MarkAndrew from Comics Should Be Good, Ragnell, and Bully! And myself, of course.
-----

All right, that's all I have for right now. I gotta go eat some lunch, but I might post other stuff that I find later. And I might possibly get to some review of new comics tonight, so watch for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment