Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Artist alert!

One of the cool things about the internet is discovering exciting new talents, and I stumbled across the site of one of those today. His name is Connor Willumsen, and his art is scary good, considering he's only 20 years old (according to his Blogger profile). Here's his blog, and I hope he doesn't mind me posting a few of his pictures here. I loved these illustrations of scenes and characters from Jonathan Lethem's The Fortress of Solitude (a favorite of mine):





And even his sketchbook pages are crazy good:



You can also download a short comic he did here:



He notes in a recent post that he's working on some more comics, so I can't wait to see what he comes up with. He's got some talent, that's for sure, and I'll be keeping an eye on him. Hopefully he'll make it big someday.

2 comments:

  1. Holy... he´s several kinds of awesome. It´s gonna be interesting to see how he´ll be able to pull of actual sequential work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow.
    You weren't kidding - He's TERRIFYINGLY good.
    Best,
    J.

    ReplyDelete