Sunday, July 15, 2007

Manga newses

I don't know if this is old news or what, but I see that there were some announcements about manga license acquisitions a week or so ago, the big one for me being Gantz. Wow, I didn't think that one would ever make it to the US; I've read some of the scanlations, and it's a totally insane, ridiculously violent and sexual series. I can't wait to be able to buy it here; I expect to have to tear through about three layers of shrinkwrap.

There were lots of other announcements, but the only one that jumped out at me was Jo Chen's The Other Side of the Mirror, which was previously published in Taiwan. I know Chen primarily as the cover artist of books like Runaways and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I'm interested in her sequential stuff. Judging by the preview on her site, it seems a bit yaoi-ish, but it might be worth checking out.

MangaCast lists more titles that have been licensed by U.S. publishers, but I didn't really see anything else that got me excited. I'm sure there will be some stuff worth reading though.

No comments:

Post a Comment